Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wedding and Resort

The wedding was a blast, but like all weddings went late into the night. After snaking my way down the Pacific Coast Highway I found the turn off in Laguna Beach. We had champagne and bizarre little fried snacks. The night was getting colder, the searing warmth from the heat lamps had us all huddled around them as the dance hall was getting set up. The bride being part Hawaiian had beautiful dancers to contrast with the DJ and his slightly obnoxious banter and 80's music. The live Hawaiian and old school music that was played by I believe the Hawaiian Uncle was the best, kind of surreal, unusual, and wonderful. The picture is me at the pool, the morning after, a dead resort with so many polite people working there I was not sure what they could all possibly be doing with no other guest in sight. I wondered around the beautiful grounds early in the morning with sun and clouds causing it to be somewhat warm but with a chilly breeze that just would not let me get in that pool.

1 comment: